This week went by nearly as fast as last week, and I didn’t have a wedding dominating my free time! My youngest had an all-day field trip Wednesday that I was a chaperone for, so that took one day away from working on projects; however, I made some good progress, and I am happy. It’s time for another To Do Tuesday over at Stitch All The Things!
Last week’s list:
1. Custom Burp Cloths – I know several ladies who are pregnant and close to having their babies, and I am making them burp cloths following this tutorial from Simple Simon and Company. These, once again, get bumped to next week’s list.
2. Turtle Pincushion Duo – Hey, guess what? I FINALLY finished this project! I used the free pattern from Craft Passion, and I have a blog post explaining my frustrations with it here: Turtle Pin Cushion Duo.
3. Emmaline Bags The Retreat Bag – I did not get to these, either, so I’ll move them along to next week, as well. They are a project that is in the “I’ll get to it when I get to it” part of my brain, so I don’t mind not finishing them.
4. Go to Leggings for the littles in my life. I didn’t get this project finished; however, I was able to get them cut out and ready to sew, so that is something.
5. Pattern Testing Project – I did finish this project, but I didn’t think I was going to be able to share it because I didn’t expect the pattern to be released yet. The pattern released yesterday, so I am really happy to share with you the Parkside Short & Skirt by Sew Caroline. This is a great pattern, easy to sew, and the pieces are a quick make. I made two pairs of shorts and two skirts for my youngest (Caroline needed an XS tester) in less than a day. I wrote a blog post review of the pattern yesterday.
I am really happy with everything I got done this week, especially since we were coming off the excitement of a wedding week and a very busy week at school! After I roll over the incomplete items from this week, I have several things to finish this week. I did some rearranging since this coming weekend is our first LARP event of the year and I would like to have those two items finished before we leave Friday.
What do you have planned this week?
Linking up with To Do Tuesday at Stitch All The Things!
Nature Girl. Mom. Wife. Friend. Photographer. Sewer. Crafter. Artist.
To borrow a phrase – “Yeet Ye Riche”