I cannot believe how quickly this past week went by! It’s time for another To Do Tuesday over at Stitch All The Things already! I just love the Condescending Willy Wonka memes. 😉
I didn’t finish anything on my list from last week.
My list was pretty basic:
- Finish sewing LARP Formalwear Dress and add beading
- Finalize quilting class quilt project plan
- Start and Finish May TSNEM project (French Seams)
LARP: Formalwear Dress – As far as my LARP costumes go, this is still my priority. The dress is now nearly complete – I just have to attach the sleeves and hem the dress.
My Try Something New Every Month project for April is beading embellishment, and I feel like this is the perfect piece to start on. I follow a blogger named Angela Clayton, and she does the most beautiful hand beading on the costumes she creates. I have been inspired by her to try some, even if it is very simple, but enough to add that extra oomph to the dress. I did manage to get all the beading on the dress finished, and I love the final result! Not too shabby for my first try!
Quilting Class Quilt – I did choose and pull the fabrics I decided to use for the quilt we will be making in class. I am going to use the rest of this layer cake and low volume bundle.
So, for this week, my list continues:
- Finish the LARP Formalwear dress, take pictures, and write TSNEM post.
- TSNEM: May – French Seams – Originally, French Seams were the project I was going to do for April, but I shuffled things around since I got the beading done so quickly. I am going to use this beautiful floral cotton to make the Florence Kimono.
- Custom Burp Cloths – I know several ladies who are pregnant and close to having their babies, and I am making them burp cloths following this tutorial from Simple Simon and Company.
- Sewing Cabinet – My dad built me an AMAZING sewing cabinet, and I need to take pictures and write a post about it.
Two other things on the “if I can get to it” part of my to-do list are a Turtle Pincushion Duo. Hello! They’re only my favorite animal, and these pincushions are too cute! The other things I would like to get done are the three remaining Emmaline Bags The Retreat Bag that I have in my queue to make.
Hopefully this week is more productive and I can scratch a lot off my To-Do List!
**At times you’ll find some affiliate links scattered within my post, which means I receive a small amount of compensation if you end up purchasing something I’ve recommended.