I talked a little bit about the Robe a la Francaise project I am embarking on in my To Do Tuesday post earlier this week. As part of this project, I might follow some traditional sewing and construction methods. I am using two Simplicity Patterns and the American Duchess Guide to 18th Century Dressmaking to make it. Even if I don’t; however, I will need to be able to do fittings of the dress to make alterations, so I got to welcome a new dress form to my sewing room. Meet my new friend, Francis.
I wasn’t sure what to name her at first, but for some reason, Francis seems to be the name that sticks. She arrived in pieces, but she was very easy to assemble. I think it took me less than half an hour, but I’m not positive.
After I assembled her, I adjusted her measurements to match mine, and now I am ready to go!
Welcome to my sewing room, Francis!
- To-Do Tuesday Intro
- Meet My New Friend
- Supplies and Fabric
- 18th Century Shift
- 18th Century Pockets
- Stays for Days