Sewing Pattern Testers BSD Maggie Sew-A-Long
This month, I am hosting the Sewing Pattern Testers BSD Maggie Sew-A-Long at the Sewing Pattern Testers Blog. Harley and Todd both had injuries that needed dealt with, so I am off to a late start.
There are several ways to join the Maggie Sew-A-Long. You can follow the posts on the Sewing Pattern Testers Blog, join the Facebook Group, and then join the Facebook Event. If you do join the Facebook Group, be sure to fill out the membership agreement. Share your creations using the hashtags #BSDMaggie and #sewingpatterntesters.
Melissa has kindly offered a coupon code for the pattern. If you have not already purchased the Maggie Top, Tunic, & Dress, use the code SEWMAGGIE to purchase the pattern for only $6.00! Grab your copy of the Maggie Top, Tunic, & Dress, and join me for the Sewing Pattern Testers BSD Maggie Sew-A-Long!
What do you need?
- The Bella Sunshine Designs Maggie Top, Tunic, & Dress Pattern.
- Depending on which style, sleeve length, and size, you’ll need between 1-3/8 yards and 2-1/4 yards (size zero short sleeve top to size 20 long sleeve dress).
- Fabric needs to be 4-way or 2-way stretch knit with at least a 50% stretch, but no more than 75% stretch. Suggested fabrics include medium weight jerseys with good recovery.
- ¼” Clear Elastic
- A walking foot for a standard sewing machine (is not a necessity)
- Matching thread.
- Various dressmaking supplies: a sewing machine, fabric scissors/rotary cutter, paper scissors, tracing paper, pens & pencils, pins, a tape measure, tailor’s chalk, and an iron.
This is an incredibly easy pattern to sew, and is great for a beginning seamstress. The Maggie is a versatile wardrobe staple good for any type of weather!
**At times you’ll find some affiliate links scattered within my post, which means I receive a small amount of compensation if you end up purchasing something I’ve recommended.