It was so nice to spend some time sewing this last week, and even though I only get to cross one item off my list, I actually completed two of them. Once again, it’s time for To Do Tuesday over at Stitch All The Things!
Last week’s list:
1. Quilting Class Quilt
2. By Hand London Flora Dress
3. Dress Pattern Testing
4. TSNEM: Making & Using Piping
5. Swing Top and Dress Pattern Testing
1. Quilting Class Quilt – I ran into some hiccups this week with time, and I changed my mind about what quilt pattern to use for this quilt, so I didn’t make much progress. I was originally going to make a nine-patch quilt, but I have decided to make a pin wheel quilt instead. I also changed my mind about the fabric I was using, and I pulled some other pieces out of my stash. I do have all my fabric cut, so now all I have to do is get it pieced and put together. Baby V is nearly 10 days old, holding his own, and he is making strides, and I can’t wait for him to have a nice blanket from home to snuggle in at the NICU.
2. By Hand London Flora Dress – Harley asked me to make her the Flora Dress from By Hand London, and she wants to be able to wear it for some of her senior pictures this summer. I had the dress cut out last week, and I spent this week piecing it. This is the first time I have made a fully lined dress, and it was quite a challenge. Now that the dress is finished (it still needs washed and pressed), I am sure there are a couple of things I could have done with the lining to make it a little easier, but I am very happy with it! Harley really likes it, too, and since it is one of the items on my Quarter 2 Finish-A-Long List I took pictures of her modeling it and wrote a blog post about it, as well.
3. Dress Pattern Testing – I actually finished this dress and submitted feedback to the pattern maker; however, there were enough inconsistencies between testers feedback, she is revisiting the pattern again. I will be making another version of this dress once her revisions are finished.
4. TSNEM: Making & Using Piping – I haven’t started this project yet, but the Swing Top and Dress I am testing this week will be perfect with some nice accent piping!
5. Swing Top and Dress Pattern Testing – I can’t say much about the pattern yet because it hasn’t been released, but I am super excited about this one!
I am really happy with everything I got done this week, and I am finally feeling my creative groove again. After taking off what I completed, I decided not to add anything else to my “to do” list – less stress, you know? If I manage to complete something that isn’t on my list, I’ll just talk about it next week.
1. Quilting Class Quilt
2. Dress Pattern Testing
3. TSNEM: Making & Using Piping
4. Swing Top and Dress Pattern Testing
What do you have planned this week?
Linking up with To Do Tuesday at Stitch All The Things!