I wasn’t sure whether or not Florence was a style I would like to wear, though, so the first one I made was more of a muslin, and I used some old Daisy Kingdom fabric from my stash. I had also never sewn with French seams before, and I love the finish they give a garment!
I was a little nervous sewing the seams with the wrong sides together – it is so counterintuitive for someone who has been sewing their whole life!
But look how pretty they ended up being – outside the kimono AND inside!
The only thing I don’t like about this pattern is that the fabric reminds me of hospital scrubs, but since it is functioning more or less as a muslin, I don’t mind.
I really do like the fit of this pattern, and I am definitely going to make another! I have some beautiful fabric with more drape, and I haven’t been able to figure out what to make with it – I think it will be perfect for another Florence!
I made the mid-length (hip) version, but it also is available in a short, cropped version and knee length, as well! So versatile!
So, with this project, I have finished three projects off my Finish-A-Long Quarter 2 Project List, and I am close to finishing several more! I am a happy camper! Apparently the FAL was just what I needed to motivate me to get stuff finished!
**At times you’ll find some affiliate links scattered within my post, which means I receive a small amount of compensation if you end up purchasing something I’ve recommended.