Remember THIS post? I was the runner-up in a quilt design contest, and as a reward, I was sent the fabric from the Riley Blake Chatsworth Line to create the quilt I designed. The fabric arrived quite a while ago, but because of other priorities and projects, I am finally able to work on this quilt. The quilt itself has two block types – a 4×4 square pattern, and a plaid pattern. Each of the two blocks has three designs. and they alternate on a diagonal pattern.
I first cut out and made the 4×4 blocks because they were the easiest (I know, slacker). 😉 There are three fabric combinations of the block, with six blocks of each combination for 18 blocks total. All in all, they were pretty easy, and I finished them in an evening.
The next set of blocks is the plaid pattern, which was trickier for me only because I am an inexperienced quilter. I did find, though, that if I laid the fabric out in an assembly line fashion that it was much easier. If I think about it before I sew the last group of plaid blocks, I’ll take a couple pictures of that process.
I have one more group of plaid blocks to put together, and that is for Block 6. I have all the pieces cut (I did all the cutting for all the blocks at once)., so it’s just a matter of assembling them. The picture below is what Block 6 looks like unassembled.
After those blocks are finished, I will square up the blocks, cut the sashing, and start assembling the quilt. I can’t wait to see this top finished!