I ran across the Moda Sampler Block Shuffle 2015 project at Bear Creek Quilting Company an decided it would be a fun project to try. The project is now in it’s third week, and I’m still really enjoying myself. Blocks 7, 8, & 9 were released Monday, and I finally got them sewed up yesterday.
Block 7 gave me heartache. 😉 I really loved this pink stripe, but I didn’t want all the block stripes to go to the same direction. After moving blocks around and a few picked and re-sewn seams, I finally had the block looking the way I wanted it to. I love that the stripes butt up against each other everywhere they meet.
This block was the most straight forward out of the three for the week. Todd picked all the colors for the blocks, and I love that he combined the squiggly flowers with the red polka dots.
I have sewn many half square triangles, but this is the first time I’ve assembled a pinwheel block, let alone four small ones. I really really love this block, and I am excited to try it in different projects, as well.
So far, things seem to be going well. The only issue I have is block size consistency. I am not sure how to correct that since I have been following the cutting/piecing instructions meticulously. Time to employ some Google research.
Until next week . . .