As I’ve talked about in other posts, Todd and I love to LARP, and my character’s name is Tessa. When I went the first time, I had very little time to create my costume, and I pieced it together with goodwill finds, a little sewing, and items I already had. There was only one problem – it worked great standing still, but the minute I started running around and moving, it started falling down.
Note to self – make something with shoulders that does not require a strapless bra.
The costume worked for the time being, and after its second use, at the end of camp, I took it off and threw it away (except for the coat). I was determined to make a new costume before the first camp this summer, and I have finally started on it. The first item I made was the cloak. I wish I would have taken more pictures of the process, but I only have the completed pictures to show. The cloak hits me about mid-calf, and it fits really well!
**At times you’ll find some affiliate links scattered within my post, which means I receive a small amount of compensation if you end up purchasing something I’ve recommended.