I am going to state right off the bat – I AM GOING TO COPY SOMEONE OUTRIGHT, SHAMELESSLY, AND WITHOUT REGRET! The person I am going to copy is Ree Drummond, also known as The Pioneer Woman. She and her husband are completely remodeling a home they call The Lodge on their ranch, and they are at the same stage of their renovation that we are in our construciton process. The Home Stretch. Ree wrote a post the other day titled, “Operation Finished By Christmas“, and that is exactly what our goal is – to be finished by Christmas.
We really are in the home stretch, and it feels SO good!
- Siding – We’re about three-quarters done with siding, but because the weather has gotten so cold, we won’t be able to paint until thsi Spring. That’s okay – we can live with a calico-colored house until then. 🙂
- Decks – Back deck is one quarter done; front decks just need skirting trim.
- Painting – Rooms are all done; trim and interior doors are being painted now
- Bathrooms – Install toilets, tile, sinks, faucets, trim, and tub & shower fixtures
- Girls’ Bedrooms – install closet doors, room doors, carpet, and trim
- Master Bedroom – install doors, carpet, and trim
- Master Closet – install carpet, trim, and closet organizer system
- Kitchen – tile floor, install countertop, tile backsplash, install dishwasher, sink, stove, and finish eating bar. Install bench in the breakfast nook
- Dining Room, Great Room, Foyer – install closet doors, flooring, and trim
- Office – install floor, trim, workspace, and shelving
- Utility Room – install floor, trim, sink, etc.
- Finish Work – install all accessories (towel bars, toilet paper holders, etc.)
- Insulation – 6 12′ bays, and 3 5″x12′ bays
It looks like a long list, but it really is attainable, and I know that we will work hard, and the house WILL BE DONE FOR CHRISTMAS! For this final stage of construction, I am going to try to post daily to show the amazing progress that is taking place. The daily changes are at times tiny, but they are very significant.
Stay tuned for more updates.